4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Maurice

Maurice

Founder

• Founder
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

Dear new DarkRO Staff Members,

I'm writing the following before the Community and yourselves to present a list of terms and agreements that I would like the new Administration to respect and follow. By giving out the server's source code and game databases, I'm entrusting you with DarkRO's very own soul and reason to exist as well as everything that made DarkRO such a well-known and well-played server.

As I'm stepping down from my role as the Administrator of the game, I would like the server to follow its rightful path and remain true to itself. What I mean by that is rather simple. One example: I would hate to see DarkRO turn into a FinalFantasyRO wannabe server with tons of new customs and stuffs dedicated to that new world. The image I created for DarkRO was that of, well, a "rather obscur and mysterious" server (lol) as in, with unique customs that don't totally betray the real objectives and gameplay of Ragnarok but while still having specific main features such as the Star Wars theme for Force and the "Pie" theme (i.e. as in the easy-going, laid back and relaxed attitude of the gameplay) for Pie. As a consequence, it is important to me that those concepts don't drastically change. And I believe that it's also important that we protect DarkRO's intellectual property by making sure those mods that are real DarkRO trademarks keep making DarkRO "that" unique place. I could give more examples and details about what makes DarkRO the server it is, but I think all of you already know why DarkRO is so unique and different after playing it for at least a little while and I'm sure you all pretty much know what kind of server it should be (whether it be Pie or Force).

And, with the Community, here, as the witnesses of this takeover, I would now like to present before you the list of terms and agreements I would like you all to respect and follow after the official server move:

-----

Terms and Agreements

I. DarkRO should remain true to its original concept and follow its rightful path.
II. At least 51% of the original content must remain the same. This means that no complete overhaul of the entire gameplay and/or system should be considered.
III. As the new Administrators, you swear to protect DarkRO's intellectual property (e.g. no leaking).
IV. As the current Administrator, my new title will now be the Original Founder and Former Admin.
V. I would like my voice to be valued on any subject, at least as a sign of respect.
VI. I would like to have Veto powers on any decision or changes that are considered. Of course, it's not like I will be using it all the time since I do trust the new team and they're free to make whatever changes they want. I'll just intervene if I feel it necessary. But again, it's just to ensure DarkRO doesn't deviate from its original objectives.
VII. I would like to be able to get involved in the development area if I want to.
VIII. I would like all credits given to the original creators of any custom mods, creations or achievements ever made (not talking about me only here) to be kept and recognized. We should always respect each other's work. That's why I also invite you to add a header to any file you create or add a comment next to any mod you make so that we can identify who created it (and it's more practical for development purposes anyway).
IX. As this list was made rather quickly, I reserve the right to add new terms and agreements with time. However, after any new addition, there will be another signing session to make sure we all agree and are still on the same page.

-----

That's pretty much it. I thank you all for the attention.

I would now like to invite the new Administrators to sign this "contract" if they agree to it.

Thank you,

Maurice

P.S: This thread will be closed. Only Admins should reply to this topic. If the Community wishes to discuss about what was mentioned here, either create a new topic in the General forums or reply to the Server Move thread in this section. Thank you.

#2 OFFLINE   weihung

weihung

• Honorary Members
  • 1,492 posts
  • Honors: Former Pie Admin & Dev Admin - <3

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:34 AM

You already know how we feel from our last admin meeting. I'm sure we'll all sign without hesitation. http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/smile.gif

100% agreed upon and signed.

- weihung (Andy)

#3 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:24 AM

As Andy said from the last meeting we pretty much stated clearly our thoughts of keeping Dark-RO as you had projected it since thats what makes it unique and thats why we ended up here http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

So yeah I agree <3

Matias.-

#4 OFFLINE   Swoosh

Swoosh

iJest

• Honorary Members
  • 519 posts
  • Honors: Former Force Administrator & GM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:39 AM

IX. As this list was made rather quickly, I reserve the right to add new terms and agreements with time. However, after any new addition, there will be another signing session to make sure we all agree and are still on the same page.

Mwhaha. After 19 replies to that post, we won't be on the same page anymore.

As Andy said from the last meeting we pretty much stated clearly our thoughts of keeping Dark-RO as you had projected it since thats what makes it unique and thats why we ended up here http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Yeah, but who's gonna believe IRC logs? http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Naturally, I completely agree with terms of agreement. <insert swoosh-logo>

Question though: is this set of terms also part of the 49% we are allowed to change? http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

ps: for more random remarks and attempts at humor, PM yours truly on the forums. since this service is free and there's no quality control whatsoever, please do not be offended when your requests go ignored.

#5 OFFLINE   MasterEx

MasterEx

• Honorary Members
  • 33 posts
  • Honors: Former Force Administrator & GM

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:32 AM

All looks good to me. So yes I Agree.

- Jonathan(Ex)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users