284 replies to this topic

#271 OFFLINE   Shequilla

Shequilla

I have GTFO.

• Advanced Members
  • 5,543 posts
  • Honors: Former Force GM, PA founder, Police reformer

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

Stop stirring up things =.= Both are his projects. Either both stay or both go .

#272 OFFLINE   Shada

Shada

I did it all for the Cookie!

• Honorary Members
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:Cookies, and teddy bears, and adorable kittens.
  • Honors: Former Pie GM

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:28 PM

You know, I think it's time we push this to another area of discussion since some people can't figure out that Momo leaving to persue personal goals doesn't necessarily mean that dRO is going down.

Me and my buddy Joey were chatting about this and we came up with an interesting idea that might be worth looking into.

What we were thinking is what about making two seperate teams? One for each server. Like for example:

Pie (Since I'm a pie kinda guy) would have a team split into sections like this:

One group handles source code and updates
One group handles finances and contacting the host if things go awry
And a mediation group in case the either of the two groups get into it within members they can always talk via a mediator

And a similar setup for the Force server.

The reason I say have a team for each server is because those teams would be more familiar with their home area and because they know their ground they'd be more comfortable running it.

Again though, it's just an idea that I think might be worth looking into.

Shada

#273 OFFLINE   Rooij~

Rooij~

Janeiro.

• Advanced Members
  • 1,183 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Music, Engineering, Technology, Ragnarok, Table Tenis, Soccer, Basketball, Money.

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:33 PM

wow the persons here are so traumados <3

if you wana play dark ro, play pie and enjoy D:

#274 OFFLINE   EmberX

EmberX

Unhatched Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

OMG!!! NOOOO!!!! PLZ!!! I'M BEGGING YOU!!!! DON'T CLOSE DARK RO!!! I really love this server!!! I cant help but not wish for March to come!!! I've been trying to persuave my dad into letting me download this game for about 3 years!!!! I finally can play it this year! I've know of this game for 3 years! And I've always wanted to play it!!! I finally have it, an now you're closing it??!!!! That is very unfair!!! I understand that you guys of course have lives outside this, but I really can't accept that you guys are closing this server! You can' plz!!! My dad might not let me download anything else after this, since it takes a lot of space! No one wants this server to close! Plz take this as consideration! Give the server to someone else you trust to keep it going! PLZ!!! In behalf of all players of this server, WE WON'T ACCEPT THIS SERVER TO CLOSE!!! I'm sorry if I'm making a big deal about this, but I have to make a big deal about this! PLZ! I"M BEGGING YOU!!! I'M IN MY KNEES!! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, IT'S OK, BUT I REALLY AM IN MY KNEES!! DON'T CLOSE IT!!! PLZ!!! JUST DON'T!!!! I'VE MEET WONDERFUL FRIENDS HERE! AND NOW YOU'RE CLOSING IT??!!! THAT'S A BAD DECISION!! WE ACCEPT THAT YOU HAVE TO KEEP ON GOING WITH YOUR LIFE MAURICE! BUT PLZ! DON'T CLOSE IT!!! I CAN KEEP ON SAYING THIS FORVER, BUT AS MUCH AS I SAY THIS, THAT'S AS MUCH AS I CAN SAY! So please, don't close Dark-Ro.

Thank you:EmberX /no1

#275 OFFLINE   Ookami

Ookami

Buck up Daiquiri

• Advanced Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Driving, Video games

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and
snakes, an aero plane and Lenny Bruce is not afraid.
Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world
serves its own needs, dummy serve your own needs. Feed
it off an aux speak, grunt, no, strength, Ladder
start to clatter with fear fight down height. Wire
in a fire, representing seven games, a government
for hire and a combat site. Left of west and coming in
a hurry with the furies breathing down your neck. Team
by team reporters baffled, trumped, tethered cropped.
Look at that low playing! Fine, then. Uh oh,
overflow, population, common food, but it'll do. Save
yourself, serve yourself. World serves its own needs,
listen to your heart bleed dummy with the rapture and
the revered and the right, right. You vitriolic,
patriotic, slam, fight, bright light, feeling pretty
psyched.

It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign
towers. Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself
churn. Locking in, informing, book burning, blood
letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.
Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down.
Watch your heel crush, crushed, uh-oh, this means no
fear cavalier. Renegade steer clear! A tournament,
tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions,
offer me alternatives and I decline.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I dreamt of knives, continental
drift divide. Mountains sit in a line, Leonard
Bernstein. Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester
Bangs. Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You
symbiotic, patriotic, slam book neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel
fine...fine...

(It's time I had some time alone)

~Its been a good one guys but i think its time for everybody to move on. 4 years man.... RO has taken a toll on everybodies lives and now......... im going to another server LOL. Thanks for the priceless memories.... and for anybody that remembers this..... BRAINSSSSSSSSSSSS (Strips-helm) YUM http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif
~~Sincerely
~~~Ookami <3

#276 OFFLINE   angelmassacre

angelmassacre

Drops

• Advanced Members
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:lazying around and fooling around

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:36 PM

stages of death actually

1st DENIAL
2nd ANGER
3rd BARGAIN
4th DEPRESSION
5th ACCEPTANCE

we all go through it
right now some is on denial some are angry, some bargain, some get sad, and some accepts the fact
BIG THANKS TO THE ADMINS AND ALL THE MODS, POLICE, HELPERS WHO MADE THE SERVER LAST UNTIL NOW

#277 OFFLINE   ThrillSeeker

ThrillSeeker

Unhatched Egg

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:29 AM

Before anything else, Mr. Maurice thank you for a very nice and exciting Server you've given us. I red that some people said that Force sucked? i dont think so.. maybe for some people who find the game just to annoy others but not all. I played ragnarok for like 4-5 years, did all my game times, met friends but not friends like here. See us at our threads KINGS and you'll see what FORCE made us. FRIENDSHIP...

Like every businessman,employer,employee, students or whatever, this is our escape to the busiest world out there. all the pressure at work, once i sat down and logged in, thats it... everything resets and feel like there's no things to think of just plainly fun. People may say, "STOP CRYNG ABOUT THE SERVER CLOSING ISSUE AND GET A LIFE." you are wrong my friend..

This is the life, the friendship, and our happiness.. not just the game, but all the players in it.

but its all in Mr. Maurice's call. We'll always respect your decision. Thank you and Goodluck http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/smile.gif

D0NskiE and the KINGS guild

#278 OFFLINE   silentslayer

silentslayer

Unhatched Egg

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:40 AM

It's a shame to see your server go, I only played your server briefly last year, but I have to say, I've never seen a server that has this many code customisations. It was clever of you to replace the Taekwon tree, for the StarWars classes, I doubt I'll see something like that again, or atleast of that calibur. For that matter, I've always wondered the difficulty in keeping the SVN up to date when you are modding the SRC, so yes, that's quite a feat in itself, lol. Plus the RCS and BCS were good ideas aswell.
Funnily enough, I'm starting a Computer Science course this year at University, and for that matter, finally starting a server with a friend (I know what I'm doing, don't question that, lol, since I find it humorous to see these new people on the eAthena forum saying "plz help me T_T failed to connect to server", yes I'm a sadist... jks, lol), after practicing and working on other servers, mainly as a scripter, finally starting. Anyway, I was wondering, since you appear to know a bit, why don't you try apply for a Dev position for eAthena? afterall, they'll need heaps of help with the upcoming new classes. Just a suggestion, afterall, that's a challenge http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/tongue.gif lol.

#279 OFFLINE   Zansethsuken

Zansethsuken

Poring

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

Sorry for the bad suggestion that i have and being some kinda selfish in that way.like what tai said..they are both projects of maurice and will never give one up.sorry again for that..Well.Maurice got a decision now..congratz to all the new admins..we'll hope that dark-ro will be more developed and more power to dark-ro! Goodluck on your future Maurice and to the admins as well.. /thx http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Edited by Zansethsuken, 28 January 2008 - 09:02 AM.

#280 OFFLINE   Zylthos

Zylthos

Poring

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:49 AM

Well, its been a while since i came to the forums.

About my previous post, I never intented to close pie, i was just curious about it. Sorry for all the people who gut "hurt" with what i said. Also, i had a misunderstanding about Momo's case. I thought that he lacked funds because of the problems with the donations. Guys, sorry. I failed to read properly and thus unleashing a rather horrible post that wasn't supposed to be posted if i read the post with great understanding (mojo jojo). So i thank you guys for clearing this up for me and my ever curious mind.

Good news to hear about the DarkRO inheritance thing. Though i already quitted, i hope that all of you will have a fun time playing. I'll sure miss the fun. I also hope that all the heirs of DarkRO will handle the server as good as Momo.

#281 OFFLINE   achuchis1168

achuchis1168

Unhatched Egg

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

CLOUDED THE MINDS OF PLAYERS THIS ISSUE HAS...
-Yoda http://dark-ro.net/f...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#282 OFFLINE   Biggest33Noob

Biggest33Noob

Poring

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:46 PM

Best server ever made =(

#283 OFFLINE   alexof707

alexof707

Poring

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

congratz on the college thing. and thx for keeping darkRO such a great server.

#284 OFFLINE   alarymnjadiar

alarymnjadiar

Mastering

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

&#12496;&#12540;&#12496;&#12522;&#12540; &#12467;&#12540;&#12488; &#12486;&#12451;&#12501;&#12449;&#12491;&#12540; http://www.lvmalljapan.com Keep up the good work - for sure i will check out more posts.Certain two areas in this posting are undoubtedly the very best I've ever had.I got what you mean , thankyou for putting upIts like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
&#12464;&#12483;&#12481; &#36001;&#24067; &#12525;&#12524;&#12483;&#12463;&#12473;&#36890;&#36009; &#12514;&#12531;&#12463;&#12524;&#12540;&#12523; &#12480;&#12454;&#12531; you've done a excellent process in this topic!Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your website and in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.What's up, after reading this remarkable article i am too delighted to share my familiarity here with mates.This is really a wonderful web site.

#285 OFFLINE   alarymnjadiar

alarymnjadiar

Mastering

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

&#12464;&#12483;&#12481; &#12475;&#12522;&#12540;&#12492; &#24215;&#33303; http://www.japanburberrysales.com You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually one thing which I feel I would never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely wide for me.I'm impressed by the details that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject.. a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task.I have recently started a web site, the info you provide on this web site has helped me greatly.
&#12496;&#12540;&#12496;&#12522;&#12540;&#12450;&#12454;&#12488;&#12524;&#12483;&#12488; &#12523;&#12452;&#12532;&#12451;&#12488;&#12531; &#12496;&#12483;&#12464; &#12525;&#12524;&#12483;&#12463;&#12473;&#26178;&#35336; I surprise how a lot effort you put to make this sort of excellent informative website.I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual.Great article, exactly what I needed.I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users