23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:17 PM

~Hello You!

Its that time of the year (or decade?) where we feel a change in the Staff Branches is required to keep improving and making this server a better place for its community. I do admit, some things have not been working out great in different aspects (I've had a rough year personally and I couldnt give DarkRO the time it deserved, though I am back now -Wether you like it or not :P-), we have been discussing on different changes that had to be made to make this server a better place for its community, after all, thats what we all want (I bet even trolls wantt that :P) and while I am not going to give you spoilers on whats to come, I can announce one of the first changes: Staff Changes. After all, we need the branches to work well before anything else.

~Aye! Boss. (GM Changes)

- Kilik

While he has been with us for an extended period of time (8 years or so?), life catches up, people grow and priorities change. Kilik has mentioned that while he has the will to continue, he no longer has the time to properly hold his S&O Leader position and as such, will be stepping down passing the torch to one of our oldies. 

I'd like to thanks Kilik for all his work as both a S&O, GM and a Global Mod (Its annoying how GM = GlobalMod/Game Master/Guild Master. I always get confused) through these years. Thanks dude! <3

- Last Black Sunshine

Some of you may know him as Teo, just like others, he has been with us for a long time holding different positions in both, the Dev and the S&O branches. While he once was an S&O GM, life caught up to him once and he had to step down, but like the Kasa, he is coming back to raise from the ashes (Such a melodramatic entrance!), and spit Fire into botters! He will be replacing Kilik and heading the S&O Branch. We can expect a lot of things to change regarding the branch. 

- Mika

Mika has been with us for a long time aswell and she has been leading the Events branch since Mia ditched us (Yes you did ^^), while she will not be quitting, she will be moving to focus her priorities on a different branch: Newspaper and Wiki mods, two branches that have been left aside for a while now and we wish to pick up. We all love both, the Wiki and the Newspaper articles! <3

- Stockholm

One of our newest GMs, he has been SubGM'ing the FE branch with Mika for a while now and will become its Head from now.

- Kevin

No changes on him, he remains as friendly as always.

- Obiwan

As Kilik steps down from his S&O Position and his Global Mod position, Obi, who is one of our oldest moderators, will be taking over the Forums/Mod lead role.

~Su..popo...rt! 

If you've been here for a while you know I started off in the old RCS and while my current duties have driven me a bit off from being able to give much support, I still hold the Support roles as one of my dearest (In every game I play I am a Healer for my first character :P), nevertheless this is not about me but about Support. 

As my incredibly clever and creative subtitle shows (not), this is regarding Support and Police. While back in the day RCS didnt have much activity and we through merging both RCS and Police into a single Branch (Support & Order) as a good idea, we have come to realize this is not working as expected in many ways. Support has not been given properly and its really important, as they're the ones who have the most interaction with the community (sort of PR people).

So, we've decided to turn Support & Order back into Police, putting them in charge of Order once again and Support will become a task of all Staff members, in different branches we have people with different knowledge and with different time availability, reason why, in order to improve the way Support is provided to players, we belive this change work in everyone's best interest.

This change wont occur overnight but rather through a period of time as we need to make sure everyone has the proper tools to provide top notch support to our players.

~Closure

Finally, as I mentioned during the first post, I've been struggling a bit with university/work/personal issues/RO, nevertheless I am back again and will be working to make up for my time off, so expect more changes in the future!

P.D.: Miles is back, while I couldnt properly put him in either of the above sections due to his current role, he is back and will be working on the Storywriting branch, so I thought he still deserved a Welcome back comment :P

Cheers!

• Miles, TecnoCronus, iamjohnnieva and 3 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   JedLionel

JedLionel

ψυχικός

• Advanced Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

Well Said Matias, 

May Try to fix first the, Download tools for those ppl who want to play agan,  many ppl asking me how etc etc.  Please make a Pinned Thread / tutorial how to install Clear and no Error Files,

2. Try to Fix those Bugs < --- Almost Bug section are just garbage section.

3. Try to Re- Balance the Server,  Skills, Etc ... and many more.

just my suggestion :)

Goodluck  Dark-RO  

I'm Playing this for 8yrs.  

#3 OFFLINE   Jireh

Jireh

Yoko Ritona

• Events Coordinator
  • Others: Innovators, Testers

• 3,428 posts
  • Interests:I'm a high level otaku who loves maids more than anything. All my favourite books have to do with maids, and all the cafes I visit have maids. Of course, I collect figures as well. I play maid games, get excited, say stuff like, 'moe! moe!' and even crossdress as a maid myself. Later!~

Also, I didn't know you were that bad...

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:46 PM

Damn, I can't 3pp anymore since my "STAFF FRIEND" (Kilik) is gone now and my cases wont be discarded anymore! *topkek*

MIKA FOR SUBADMIN OR WE RIOT

Other than that, congratulations and best of luck to these people.

• iamjohnnieva likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Xyaru

Xyaru

Pokemon Master

• Developers
  • Others: Moderators

• 668 posts
  • Honors: Former Designer - Creator of the current DarkRO Skin

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:37 PM

Let the change begin.. change shows passion in the game.

"Through Passion, I gain Strength..." The first line of the Sith code <3

#5 OFFLINE   Haytham

Haytham

Here Comes The Pain !

• Honorary Members
  • Others: Spanish S&O
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:43 PM

Damn, I can't 3pp anymore since my "STAFF FRIEND" (Kilik) is gone now and my cases wont be discarded anymore! *topkek*

He he you're *TezFiltered*ed.

Ewwwww Teo is GM I QUIT!! jk jk congrats :P

#6 OFFLINE   Djuna

Djuna

Mediocre Lurker

• Advanced Members
  • 4,480 posts
  • Interests:AFK. Why? (ಠ_ಠ)
  • Honors: Former Support & Order Member

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

Gg. Good luck guys. More power to Dro!!

#7 OFFLINE   Kilik

Kilik

Pikachu

• GMs
  • Others: Support & Order

• 6,958 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Likes Playing Ro, Helping People, Hanging out with friends, Facebook
  • Honors: Former Forum Head - Support & Order Head

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

Thank you everybody for the wonderful time I've had here :)

Thanks Matias for having faith in me

More power to DarkRO

Plus Matias I was in the Senate too :(
  • Djuna and iamjohnnieva like this

#8 OFFLINE   obiwankenobi00

obiwankenobi00

Sith Lords... are our specialty.

• Global Mods
  • Others: Developers

• 3,298 posts
  • Interests:Jinri Park
  • Honors: *THIS* close to being Admin

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:54 AM

One step closer to #obi4admin. :)

#9 OFFLINE   Haytham

Haytham

Here Comes The Pain !

• Honorary Members
  • Others: Spanish S&O
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:53 AM

One step closer to #obi4admin. :)

#obi4admin

#10 OFFLINE   darkrickz

darkrickz

Banned

• Advanced Members
  • 198 posts
  • Interests:SPRT
    Guitars
    My Work
    Math
    Gaming Rig
    Mythologies

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

Well Said Matias, 

May Try to fix first the, Download tools for those ppl who want to play agan,  many ppl asking me how etc etc.  Please make a Pinned Thread / tutorial how to install Clear and no Error Files,

2. Try to Fix those Bugs < --- Almost Bug section are just garbage section.

3. Try to Re- Balance the Server,  Skills, Etc ... and many more.

2 - It is already fixed and Dazzu posted it here http://www.dark-ro.n...-downloadables/

3. - The Server is Balanced already (for me). If you will change some skills players will get tired to play. just sayin

#11 OFFLINE   -Carnation-

-Carnation-

Drops

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:45 AM

@Kilik 

Hey Kilik job well done, *pats you in the head*

#12 OFFLINE   Linked

Linked

Drops

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Piknik

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:12 AM

#2015 darkro

#13 OFFLINE   Sher

Sher

S-Senpai! *chomp*

• Global Mods
  • 722 posts
  • Honors: Former Judge

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:59 PM

Teo simply won't go away.

#14 OFFLINE   xxsicnessxx

xxsicnessxx

Shhh....I see hax people o.o

• Honorary Members
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:/sit/stand'ing
    Making people smile
  • Honors: Pie Police/GM/Event Guild/Ant <3

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:35 PM

Many <3's to everyone :)

#15 OFFLINE   RememberDname

RememberDname

★☾★SKATE OR DIE★☾★

• Advanced Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Skaters, I think they tend to be outsiders who seek a sense of belonging, but belonging on their own terms, and real respect is given by how much we take what other guys do, these basic tricks, 360 flips, we take that, we make it our own, and then we contribute back to the community the inner way that edifies the community itself.

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:40 PM

Congrats to all but does it mean its a new era? With same faces just switching positions lols but anyways

Matias God please do maintenance atleast to fix it properly /no1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users