#1 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

POPULAR

Hello everyone.

As you might've noticed the server has been down for a few hours now, the same occured yesterday. This is because the server has been facing a DDoS attack for which our current hosting was not prepared. 

We've been discussing with our hosting possible solutions to mitigate the attack and we've come down to a couple of options, however, to deploy the possibilities we will be needing a couple of days, which means the server will be down for at least 2-3 days. 

We're extremely sorry for this and we will be looking forward to get this over with asap so we can all enjoy the fun of DarkRO again.

Also, we will take this opportunity to update the server and have it ready by the time it comes back, the upcoming update will be a huge thing, bringing a lot of changes, we've also been working on making a few changes to standarize the updates proccess from now on, reducing the amount of possible bugs as much as possible for big updates, however, as this is the first time we'll be implementing this, we will be expecting a few bugs (The update is rather big: Client Files and Server files were restructured).

We will also be planning a few things to compensate our players for the downtime, so stay tuned to have a blast once the server comes back on!

In the meantime, we invite you to browse our forums, check out the <a href="http://www.dark-ro.n...-and-feedbacks/">Ideas and Feedback section</a> and support/comment some of the posted ideas or simply suggest a new one! We're always looking for ways to make the server more fun!

Or join us @ <a href="https://www.facebook...l">Facebook</a>

All status updates will be posted on this topic

--- Update

Things are taking a bit longer than I'd have hoped for and expected. 

Right now we're evaluating the possibility of setting up a temporary open test server where you guys will be able to play with some of the new revamped items to give us your feedback and not grow utterly bored until this is settled.

As of right now I expect the official server to be back in about three days.

---- Update 2 (Tuesday 9th)

Hello guys,

I know you've all been eager to get the server back up and so have we. 

We're sorting out a few issues but I expect the server to be back tomorrow (or the day after in worst case scenario)

Sometime today the forums will be backed up and while they will continue to work, they will eventually get rolled back (I'll prolly make a post right before we set a rollback point)

I'll try my best to make the forums rollback as minimum as possible (SERVER WILL -SHOULD- NOT BE ROLLED BACK)

---- Update 3 (Wednesday 10th 16.42)

Hello guys.

We're setting a backup/rollback point from this moment on everything web-based (Forums, Website, CP, Wiki, etc)

From this moment on, we do expect the forums/website to be unreachable at some point. This is completely normal and expected. 

Depending on how things go, we might be able to set a lower rollback point for the forums, but be aware that its not likely to occur. 

---- Update 5 (Update 4 got deleted)

We will start rolling the updates client side soon, which means you'll need to run the Updater.

• Fallback, cyruscvc, ruff and 14 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Robocop

Robocop

Marin

• Advanced Members
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:DarkRo Force :D

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Don't is a legend!

haha...nice news 

#3 OFFLINE   Jireh

Jireh

Yoko Ritona

• Events Coordinator
  • Others: Innovators, Testers

• 3,428 posts
  • Interests:I'm a high level otaku who loves maids more than anything. All my favourite books have to do with maids, and all the cafes I visit have maids. Of course, I collect figures as well. I play maid games, get excited, say stuff like, 'moe! moe!' and even crossdress as a maid myself. Later!~

Also, I didn't know you were that bad...

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

#brbserver 9-4-2014 - 9-6-2014/9-7-2014

#4 OFFLINE   ruff

ruff

Mastering

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Ranger Rover, Motors RX5, Ragnarok World, DarkRo Force/Pie and girls.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:49 PM

Is there a possible rollback? :o

#5 OFFLINE   Haytham

Haytham

Here Comes The Pain !

• Honorary Members
  • Others: Spanish S&O
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

I blame Kilik for this ...

• FTyogurth and Juiz like this

#6 OFFLINE   Dazzu

Dazzu

Coeurlfist

• GMs
  • Others: Sub-Admin
  • 3,368 posts
  • Interests:None
  • Honors: #BlackMageLivesMatter

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

While the server's down for the count, is it fine to discuss *some* pending changes publicly? (eg. LHZ4) It'll be useful for us to gain some insight from the community's opinion on the upcoming content while we're waiting.

• prof.emil likes this

#7 OFFLINE   pay0y

pay0y

Marin

• Warned
  • 397 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:58 PM

thanks for the info Boss Matias

#8 OFFLINE   Rayo

Rayo

Drops

• Advanced Members
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Love surfing, playing dark ro, hanging out with friends and listening electro house music!

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for the news! I hope the new update can bring some people back to the server  /heh

Edited by Rayo, 04 September 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   iamjohnnieva

iamjohnnieva

M J

• Advanced Members
  • 336 posts
  • Interests:O p p a i *
    Anime
    Trolling
    Sleeping
    \o/

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

ohhh gooodie :)

LHZ4 PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

#10 OFFLINE   Exorsista

Exorsista

Poring

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

valk card with other atribs? or activation of ifrit card? can be possible?some else about new itens? have pics? or preview skins? ty Matias

• Juiz likes this

#11 OFFLINE   skylit_drive

skylit_drive

Unhatched Egg

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Hope you can fix the Dark-ro site also, about the change pass and security pass error .. hope it will be fix soon ..thank you Sir Matias and More Power to Dark-ro ..Let's Rock When the server got back ^_^..

• Chino and prof.emil like this

#12 OFFLINE   RememberDname

RememberDname

★☾★SKATE OR DIE★☾★

• Advanced Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Skaters, I think they tend to be outsiders who seek a sense of belonging, but belonging on their own terms, and real respect is given by how much we take what other guys do, these basic tricks, 360 flips, we take that, we make it our own, and then we contribute back to the community the inner way that edifies the community itself.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

3rd job maybe? :)

#13 OFFLINE   Chino

Chino

Drops

• Advanced Members
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Football, Music, Black Ops 2, DarkRO, Photoshop

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

We will also be planning a few things to compensate our players for the downtime, so stay tuned to have a blast once the server comes back on!

I smell 3x thq, a little bit of 3x invasion, and a hint of an awesome event. Anyways, kudos and godspeed Matias and the rest of the crew!!

• Djuna and prof.emil like this

#14 OFFLINE   Enjo333

Enjo333

Poporing

• Advanced Members
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:love playing
    Basketball
    video games
    Playing Ro
    Love Watching Anime

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

damn nice one matty it's worth the wait

#15 OFFLINE   Linnck

Linnck

Poporing

• Advanced Members
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Games and Music <3

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:18 PM

thanks sir. these people wont be here spending their minutes browsing and commenting, if they didn't enjoy DarkRO. Some people have lots of complain, but they are still here... it's because they had fun.

Surprise us with these new updates. we're looking forward to it. more power!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users