12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Howdy people.

I am making this thread so we can start gathering some feedback on how Renewal is working for Pie and how could it improved. 

While the biggest change on Pie is Renewal, other suggestions on improving would be welcome.

Keep in mind however, that this topic will not be addressing disabled godly items or 3rd jobs implementation, as that has been througfully explained, however it could take into account possible suggestions to work on them in the meantime. (I'll post an example suggestion for 3rd jobs that I had a few days ago)

#2 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

3rd jobs suggestion: 

As the server is undergoing a beta period, the main idea is to gather a lot of ways to improve how Pie works before the beta is over (Of course beta or not does not mean things will stay the same way, Beta period means more like, a lot can change without much prior notice in order to adjust it)

So for example, I was thinking the other day we could implement some sort of feature that could work like this:

You have several 99/70 characters and you wanna start feeling or playing with 3rd classes on Pie to see how'd they work under the enviroment given here (Are they too OP? Are they too DP?), So we could implement a function that'd allow you to:

1.- Pick 1 99/70 character from your account

2.- Generate a new account for you which would replicate exactly what this 99/70 character has equip-wise, stat-wise, skill-wise. 

3.- This new character would be automatically turned to its 3rd class (Or we could make the quest enabled only for those new accounts)

4.- New account would not be able to party with non-3rd class, trade, use gstorage, woe or pvp (It'd mainly be for PvE and getting to know it)

5.- Once the beta period is over (or once we enable 3rd jobs), this new account would be deleted automatically and you could re-begin your aventure legitly with your own account/character.

Renewal Experience.

As some of you may or may not know, Renewal works with experience a little different, in short explanation, you can't hunt for monster with more than 15 levels difference, as you'd end up losing experience. 

Example: 

At level 70, a Wraith Dead (mob lvl 86) would give you 6,042 base experience

At level 71 it'd give you 17,370 base experience

At level 80 it'd give you 18,026 base exp

At level 90 it'd give you 15,108 base exo

At level 105 it'd give you 12,840 base exp

This indeed makes leveling a lot faster if you know where to level (based on level difference between you and the mob), however making parties to go and level at higher level dungeons is pretty senseless, as you'd not make more expierence there, nerfing leveling parties a lot (Unless we're talking about Supportive characters)

So we could do 2 things in order to deal with this:

1.- Disable Renewal Experience mode (Which might be a bit lame for solo-ers)

2.- Modify the party leveling system, making it something like changing the calculation's base level for experience based on amount of party members.

For example.

Player A, B and C mke a party

Player A: Base level 50

Player B: Base level 52

Player C: Base level 54

Now all of them made a party and they can deal with higher level mobs

As it is, the best mobs for them to level would be around the 60~65 range to get a good experience. (If they go anything higher they'd win way less experience due to the renewal level difference penalty)

So my idea was to boost their base level (only for experience) to something like 3*PartyMember base level

So it'd be like this

Player A: Base level 50 -> For experience calculation his base level would be 59

Player B: Base level 52 -> For experience calculation his base level would be 61

Player C: Base level 54 -> For experience calculation his base level would be 63

So as they are now in a party and packed, they can probabbly handle higher level mobs and receive a nice experience from them, making their ideal leveling place somewhere with mobs in the 70~75 range. 

That way we'd incentivate people to make parties and bond and wouldnt kill the renewal leveling for solo-ers!

I hope I was clear on my idea, feel free to ask anything or suggest your own improvements! 

#3 OFFLINE   Shukaku-notate

Shukaku-notate

Angeling

• Banned
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Implement something that makes veterans want to play. The "generate a new account" just for 3rd class sounds incredibly retarded. If we want to get a handle on 3rd class, and you want to sort out balancing issues, implement. You get your data, we have something to do. It's single handedly the fastest way of beta-testing, hands down.

Bear in mind, not many people on (i'm talking real Pie players, not the Forcies who have come for the novelty), even less able to handle the dungeons, and nobody really able to do the good places due to us being the only server who has renewal without 3rd class [insert slow clap here].

#4 OFFLINE   Jeroen

Jeroen

Amateur detective with a flashlight

• Honorary Members
  • 3,043 posts
  • Interests:I lost mine :-(
  • Honors: Former Pie GM

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:54 AM

Matias believe me, Party leveling will be more usefull with the 3rd jobs coming up :P. Soloing is possible on Renewal, but partying is more rewarding.

EG:
Wizard & Crusader party up.

Crusader mobs up a bunch of desert wolves, and the wizard starts casting storm gust. The party will get tons of EXP which is normally impossible for a wizard to do alone due to it's lackyness of being able to tank.

Same happens with a Royal Guard & Warlock @ juperos.

Royal guard starts mobbing up with it's tanking skills(autoguard, Reflect damage, endure & Prestige). With white potions the royal guard will be able to tank up to 20ish venatu's, and if the warlock uses safety wall this increases to probably 30ish. Anyway, the warlock will easily be able to take these venatu's down for a massive amount of EXP otherwise impossible to do. A warlock cannot tank that many venatu's, and a royal guard doesn't have that much damage output(maybe with reflect damage, which is an AoE reflect but it would be extremely potion intensive).

This might even become more potentially useful with an Arch bishop being able to heal + Renevatio / Sacrament.

The Party range is 15 levels, same as the monsters EXP range. I've partied up with some people on the official servers, and it worked out well even if I was about  5 level's lower than the people I've played with. I still got a decent amount of experience. You just need to take note of what level your party members are so you can pick the appropriate spot.

#5 OFFLINE   Shukaku-notate

Shukaku-notate

Angeling

• Banned
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

Jero and i did the above before, combined with exp books level speed was ridiculous.

Implement items + 3rd classes.

also i just noticed the "incentive to make people form parties and bond" LOL. Most players on Pie have their own separate groups and do not like each other. That's just a fact and hasn't changed for a very long time.

Edited by Shukaku-notate, 10 June 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

Matias believe me, Party leveling will be more usefull with the 3rd jobs coming up :P. Soloing is possible on Renewal, but partying is more rewarding.

EG:
Wizard & Crusader party up.

Crusader mobs up a bunch of desert wolves, and the wizard starts casting storm gust. The party will get tons of EXP which is normally impossible for a wizard to do alone due to it's lackyness of being able to tank.

Same happens with a Royal Guard & Warlock @ juperos.

Royal guard starts mobbing up with it's tanking skills(autoguard, Reflect damage, endure & Prestige). With white potions the royal guard will be able to tank up to 20ish venatu's, and if the warlock uses safety wall this increases to probably 30ish. Anyway, the warlock will easily be able to take these venatu's down for a massive amount of EXP otherwise impossible to do. A warlock cannot tank that many venatu's, and a royal guard doesn't have that much damage output(maybe with reflect damage, which is an AoE reflect but it would be extremely potion intensive).

This might even become more potentially useful with an Arch bishop being able to heal + Renevatio / Sacrament.

The Party range is 15 levels, same as the monsters EXP range. I've partied up with some people on the official servers, and it worked out well even if I was about  5 level's lower than the people I've played with. I still got a decent amount of experience. You just need to take note of what level your party members are so you can pick the appropriate spot.

And for a change you completely missed the point :P

I did note that supportive (Ok, to make it a bit more clear "good combos") would make perfect sense to go leveling together at any level (3rd classes or not makes no sense on your point)

This is more of a way to address or incentivate parties in general and at any level, any job or any role: For instance I can easily tank Desert Wolves starting from level 75~80 (-If not earlier, didnt try- given the proper equips), the level difference makes going to Desert Wolves completely useless to me, however if I were to team up with someone else we could go to kill desert wolves together easily and benefit ourselves from that. 

#7 OFFLINE   Shukaku-notate

Shukaku-notate

Angeling

• Banned
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

Ignoring me won't make me go away. If you want players on Pie, learn to address issues.

#8 OFFLINE   Slazh

Slazh

Santa Poring

• Advanced Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

idea's meaningly mr. matias im so excited on 3rd job ur so wise at the same time party will be there i think more player will be coming, just they are in near by other side.. dark side....

put on the quests mr. matias.... etc.. loli ruri quest killing noted put the notification count down kills as well collect loot item quest at same as killing quest..npc make if close to the map... location.

add more announcement time to time event..

make battle ground less participants 5/5 , 10/10 make conditional pricing system doubles or triple.. put great item to change points reward.

please open abbey, cannot reach the church zenny donation. @warp

Edited by Slazh, 13 June 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

I am not sure what you mean Slazh by your quests comment

The last Pie update introduced Automated Events which will be announced shortly in an update topic (I just have to polish a few things)

Battlegrounds do work on a 5/5 10/10 system. (Thats the default behaviour)

We have some plans regarding Abbey, they'll be informed rather soon. I just need to finish a few things before. 

#10 OFFLINE   Slazh

Slazh

Santa Poring

• Advanced Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

got you mr. matias, surely they will be happy.. sooner will be seen the effects

Edited by Slazh, 14 June 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   Marz

Marz

Cloud Kid

• Advanced Members
  • 391 posts
  • Location:The 4th Dimension, Hugel 103 138, and now SPRT ( I Guess =/ )
  • Interests:Making Music, Fighting Games, My Son And Daughter, And Lady Parts. Peace God

PSN:SinXMomo
    XBL:K1ngMarz
    NNID: K1ngMarz

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

exp gain is great (to me) so far keep it

#12 OFFLINE   Jireh

Jireh

Yoko Ritona

• Events Coordinator
  • Others: Innovators, Testers

• 3,428 posts
  • Interests:I'm a high level otaku who loves maids more than anything. All my favourite books have to do with maids, and all the cafes I visit have maids. Of course, I collect figures as well. I play maid games, get excited, say stuff like, 'moe! moe!' and even crossdress as a maid myself. Later!~

Also, I didn't know you were that bad...

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

Took me no time to actually hit 85. The rest is hard. D:

#13 OFFLINE   Marz

Marz

Cloud Kid

• Advanced Members
  • 391 posts
  • Location:The 4th Dimension, Hugel 103 138, and now SPRT ( I Guess =/ )
  • Interests:Making Music, Fighting Games, My Son And Daughter, And Lady Parts. Peace God

PSN:SinXMomo
    XBL:K1ngMarz
    NNID: K1ngMarz

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:04 PM

i do miss the 9 stat points u got before leveling from 1 tho, i get ALOT of misses and end up dying lol hunting a doppel card seems so far away haha

if we could start off with 9 dex just to hit in the beginning coz i cant see myself lvling more than 2 chars w/o doppel

EDIT: disregard the doppel comments I forgot its not as good in pie LOL

UPDATE! Bug Found, if while doing the monster killing portion of the novice quest for a new char, you warp somewhere else and come back to go 15 as if u started over when you talk to the chick outside and Brade (NPC) the quest starts over and since I left to become a taekwon I can't proceed since its novice gear I get.
My taekwon is stuck now And it also gives another set of equips (Resolved)

Update2! Bug Found, when i use cloak my sp is used but im still visible as if im not doing anthing no status's or anything else preventing it, after a while it started working then 5 mins later i have the same issue. i had just changed to a Sin and was using lvl 1 Cloaking.

Update3! Script Error, while changing to star gladiator at the end the NPC "Cheehee" tells you to talk to Moogang but his name is Moohyun and when you do talk to him he gives no information about changing classes so i guessed and just warped back to the wandering master and he was the NPC to talk to after that i was a SG.

Edited by Prin5e, 11 August 2013 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users