So, it was a long weekend for everyone, but we finally got Force back up. I am going to mention only most relevant parts of the changelog here, as I still need to make yet-another-topic for some new features available which we arent disclosing just yet (Will actually do it tomorrow 4.20 here X_x).
~ So whats with all the downtime? I don't see much new content
Well, I never said there'd be much new content, however we have moved from "software" (We moved from eAthena to Hercules), and Force being highly customized has a LOT of changes that needed to be compatibilized (I <3 making up words) with the new software, which took us about 1 month between testing and all. (There were about 75.000 lines that needed to be redone X_x). So while the new update might not bring much new content now, it will help us a lot in the future. Sadly the eAthena project was half dead without many updates (They made like 6 in the past 9 months), making it very hard for us to keep up with new things.
The new emulator has a lot of development level, which means a lot of bug fixing from their side, a lot of improvements and a lot of updates for everyone. Also something pretty big is the resource usage, they've managed to cut it down to 1/3 of what eAthena had. So it means a far better performance, more stable server and all those nice perks you guys don't really notice but the machine it is hosted on does :P
Now, making all those updates compatible is a lot of work, specially since there was a big restructuration, so mind you that while there was a LOT tested, there might be some bugs that we didnt notice (like the Ygg leafs needing Blue Gemstone) and a few others. So we need your help to finish them up!. Although, most of the bugs have already been cleared there are still a few left to fix.
Remember to post all your bugs on our Bug reports section. The faster you guys report them, the faster we can fix them <3!
- Fixed the Broadcaster's problem with PMs
- Changed Kafras's save point
- Morroc NPCs have been relocated a bit to match the new map (I have to make an announcement about it <3 Thanks to Dazzu in the meantime for making :P)
- Yoda has his own sprite now! This means WoE:SE Castles Stones will no longer be Yoda <3
- Fixed some NoPK restrictions being bypassed (Inside Out Shirt for example)
- Fixed Converters Status Icons
- Changed the implementation for Reins of Mount (It is now a single item)
- Fixed some items with discarded effect not having it discarded
- Fixed Autoberserk triggering at 75% HP
- Fixed Gravitational Field not ignoring Player's DEF
- Cold, Fire, Lighting bolts get 0.1+0.1*SkillLV Delay
- Thunderstorm delay goes from 2s to 1.5s. Duration goes from 0.5s to 2s
- Stormgust duration goes down from 4.6s to 2.5s (Reducing time between hits)
- Earthspike gets raised to level 10. Casttime turns to 0.7*SkillLV seconds. Cooldown is 1 second fixed.
- Ganbantein's delay is removed.
- Fixed Cold Skin status infliction chances
- Fixed Force Duplication duration issues
- Fixed Basillica's Behavior (Was a bit weird)
- Fixed Aspersio not being removed once you un-equip items
- Monks Combo is now fixed. (Might require some more testing)
- Fixed Ensemble bugs issues
- Fixed Strip issues
- Staff Characters now have a colored chat over their heads (Neat!). I just need to re-adjust the colors :P
- You may not use commands once you're dead now.
- Harmony has been tweaked, should no longer quick you (too often), when using q2.
- Also, Harmony Sprite Edit bans are active again! Boo all the cheaters :P
- Finally, and something I know a lot of you have been waiting for, you can now Vend and create S/B pubs in towns. As a result of this @shop command has been deprecated. (Same restrictions as before apply, you have to do it not in the middle of the road, not near another seller and not near an NPC)
~ So what now?
The development team will now focus on two projects:
- Client side bugs (Description issues and such), there might be a lot of those, so give us a hand and report them all!
- Renewal Items balancing (This update brought quite some new items as did the past, but some of those items are unbalanced. Balancing takes a lot of testing and time, so its going to be one big project)
- Class improvements (Some classes have been slightly left off the whole Balancing work we've been doing in the past, such as Gunslinger)
And well, in general you can expect updates to come a lot more often thanks to this emulator change!
I will be posting the remaining feature/updates topics tomorrow, as I am really sleepy T_T
P.S.: If anything is bugged, we can now once again (Since he returned to the Staff), blame Dazzu. And iLoveJo also offered himself to take part of the blame! So Blame them =)
Nah j/k we <3 Dazzu ^^
~ May 31 Patch notes ~
- Fixed Payon Mapflags names swapped
- Fixed Fake Angel Wings not being dropped by Fake Angels
- *Supposedly* fixed the NPC Select box closing when going too fast
- Disabled Force Jump and Shadowjump on WoE Castles
- Fixed FCP/Chemical Protections And Strip status issues
- Fixed Peco Peco walking speed
- Fixed Issues with headgears not being equippable by Novices/other jobs
- Fixed some issues with custom items being dropped
- Re-added the missin Novice Castle NPC
- Fixed Sit icon crashing clients~
- Removed Sprakki from Novice Land
- Fixed an issue with WoE statistics
- FIxed several Item descriptions/Slots/Weights
- Fixed PvP Damage modifiers (Credits to Undetermined for making me check like 4 times) :P
- Added a few patches for some missing files in case it helps anyone~
- Fixed @ss not letting you buy items from a distance
~ June 03 Patch Notes ~
- Fixed wrong color for Staff in Announcement Message
- Fixed Issues with various skill-casting items (Such as Flywings and Scrolls)
- Fixed Novice potion, only works when below level 150.
- Fixed Some items not being gstorable
- Fixed Leveling dungeon warping restrictions
- Fixed several headgears not being wear-able or trade-able
- Fixed Traps duration
- Fixed Guild Permit being non-tradable
- Fixed Apple of Idun HP Bonus
- Fixed Force Choke overall damage
- Fixed Tuxedo/wedding dress sprites
- Fixed Hotel Employee NPC @ LHZ not Blessing
- Fixed Strip chances
- Fixed Noice Castle not allowing people to warp in.
- Fixed LHZ Cap
- Fixed Force Duplication Names
- Remove Sropho's effect
- Fixed some issues with some items that werent having an effect (And should have)
- Nerfed LHZ and other mobs
- Fixed most skill delay issues
~ June 04 Patch Notes ~
- Fixed Skill delays
- Fixed Some missing headgears
- Fixed Bladestop not forbidding equip changes
- Fixed Undroppable Skulls & Paradise Gear
- Fixed Status Defence
- Fixed Quest Skills disappearing
- Fixed potion pitcher (It works with a target HP capped at 429,499 HP -THis is merely for formula calculations so it doesnt overflow-)
- Fixed @who commands
- Reimplemented #force autojoin
- Implemented @pinvite and added @party to player commands
- Attempting to fix the Broadcaster NPC (This is a tricky one, as I havnt really figured out the cause)
~ June 09 Patch Notes ~
~ June 13 Patch Notes ~ (If this is not the final, expect some news about me jumping off a cliff ¬¬')
Note: With this last patch, most server-side issues should be fixed, which means I'll be focusing on website issues and client issues <3 (This doesn't mean I won't be doing server-side fixes, it just means I'll focus a lot more on the others :P)