P13] Forum Rank Revamp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   WishBone

WishBone

Power Abuser

• Honorary Members
  • 2,365 posts
  • Location:Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.
  • Honors: Former Global Moderator

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

ID: P13
Name: Forum Rank Revamp
Deadline: N/A
Progress: [||||||||||||||||||] 100%
Last update: March 20, 2011

I. Description:

In line with the "P7] Dark-ro Restructuration" this project is to revamp our forum ranks. Forum ranks includes all staff positions and the current poring based rank system. This project will enable us to have new rank images since we've been using the same one's for years. There is another reason which will not be revealed that forces us to do this project. Staff Ranks will have new rank images or icons. Current poring based system will be discussed if we keep them or not. Poring based system will get new images if the system is kept.

II. Tasks

Next task

Pending tasks

N/A

Completed tasks

• Create new Poring Rank Images
  • Create a motion if we should keep poring based system or come up with new ones.
  • Create new Staff Rank Images
  • Perform edits on new staff rank images.

III. Notes

Votes whether we should keep the poring system or come up with a new one shall be conducted in Motions. This is where we are going to discuss this matter and where you will suggest new Ranks if you want. Currently, i have no plans in changing the Register Date and Post Count requirements on these ranks. All i am planning to change are the Rank Names. You can check out the current system here.

Edited by WishBone, 20 March 2011 - 05:12 AM.

• fleeneurn likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Miles

Miles

Bored

• Honorary Members
  • 1,947 posts
  • Interests:Money
  • Honors: Former Force Event Coordinator | Former Story Writer

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:28 AM

Got no problems with the poring based system. However, I think it's such a nice idea to try having a new one. *Thinks*

#3 OFFLINE   Kilik

Kilik

Pikachu

• GMs
  • Others: Support & Order

• 6,958 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Likes Playing Ro, Helping People, Hanging out with friends, Facebook
  • Honors: Former Forum Head - Support & Order Head

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:30 AM

Only thing I think that should be done is the removal of Bombing ( its ugly ) and replace it with Deviling. Otherwise, the system is fine.

#4 OFFLINE   JaLyr

JaLyr

Your guide for being awesome

• Advanced Members
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

i have no problem actually. it's just those images are really annoying to the eyes. they cant even load. /sob

#5 OFFLINE   WishBone

WishBone

Power Abuser

• Honorary Members
  • 2,365 posts
  • Location:Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:50 AM

i have no problem actually. it's just those images are really annoying to the eyes. they cant even load. /sob

Matias removed the images. There are no images to load. It will stay this way until we get new images for them.

#6 OFFLINE   asrockw7

asrockw7

Don't stream, get the real thing.

• Advanced Members
  • 2,705 posts
  • Interests:meh, it does when it does.
  • Honors: Millionth Post Achiever

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:39 AM

i'm quite content with the poring-ranking system. but i'd like to see new badge designs though.

but just for the sake of suggestion, why not make a star wars themed forum ranking system?
now unless someone can make a really cool system, regardless of how cool the idea is, i'd rather stick with the poring-system.

#7 OFFLINE   Jango

Jango

Mastering

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Learn more about all.

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:00 AM

But why porings? I preffer the MVP based system. Maybe we can Revamp the system with all the MVPs including the MVP's of the news episodes.

Edit: totally agree with Obey, I made this one:
Trooper
StormTrooper
SpaceTrooper
RadTrooper.
EliteTrooper
ImperialTrooper
FlyingAirTrooper
MagmaTrooper.

Edited by Jango, 29 August 2010 - 05:12 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   asrockw7

asrockw7

• Advanced Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

because porings are, you could say, the "logo" or symbol that what makes ragnarok ragnarok.

even the first ragnarok poster that was posted at our local iCafe had a gigantic poring in it.

#9 OFFLINE   Shield

Shield

Moro Islamic Liberation Front

• Advanced Members
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Doin one random sh*t at a time.

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:55 AM

Tez/Tezuka/Ghee-Buttersnaps did wave out his intellectual property rights on those images right? Assuming that he created them years ago. If so, then sure... lettem porings stay.

#10 OFFLINE   WishBone

WishBone

Power Abuser

• Honorary Members
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:23 AM

New images one way or the other will be created. You can cast your vote here and decide what should be done.

#11 OFFLINE   asrockw7

asrockw7

• Advanced Members
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:48 AM

how about those members who haven't been able to build up post counts but have been registered for a long time?

#12 OFFLINE   WishBone

WishBone

Power Abuser

• Honorary Members
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

Looks like were going with the old system but with new images. Images will be posted after a few more edits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users