• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Kilik

Kilik

Pikachu

• GMs
  • Others: Support & Order

• 6,958 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Likes Playing Ro, Helping People, Hanging out with friends, Facebook
  • Honors: Former Forum Head - Support & Order Head

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

When dealing with signatures, i usually send the user a PM and give them 3 days to edit or remove their signature. We wouldn't know if the user has something important in their signatures so removing them immediately would upset the user. If the user removes or edits their signature within size limits, they can go on without warning points. But if they do not cooperate within the 3 day period, i remove their signature completely and give them a warning.

If the user receives more than 3 warnings regarding signature size limits, they are still given a 3 day period to either remove or edit it but will also receive an immediate warning. If the user does not cooperate within 3 days, the signature is removed.

This is what i personally do before. But since i had complaints regarding my performance, i tried doing it the way other mods do it. If ever i get re-hired for the Global Moderator position, i'll make sure verbal warnings via the warning system and personal messenger are practiced.

Yea personally I like that idea better. Warning people first via pm before actually warning them. If I became a Global Mod, I would use that technique because I dont believe in warning somebody on the first sight of a violation. Well, thats me.

#32 OFFLINE   Mapagmahal

Mapagmahal

The Supreme XYZ Technique

• Advanced Members
  • 1,344 posts
  • Interests:Its not what you know its what you can prove.

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

Prove it... No theoretical bullcrap please. I want solid evidences.

oh em gee. its self explanatory. no need for 123456789 theoretical bullc proof. besides, this is just a representation of the situation. btw, we are no talking about units or amount of units here right? we're dealing with prices.
~digs in my advanced calculus book, i remember a topic about this somewhere. arrgghhh, not worthy of time..i'd rather eat my breakfast..im hungry~

Yea personally I like that idea better. Warning people first via pm before actually warning them. If I became a Global Mod, I would use that technique because I dont believe in warning somebody on the first sight of a violation. Well, thats me.

for me, warning people first looks more professional when executing ur duty than punishing them right away. well, thats just me. ;)

#33 OFFLINE   Shield

Shield

Moro Islamic Liberation Front

• Advanced Members
  • 676 posts
  • Interests:Doin one random sh*t at a time.

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:46 PM

oh em gee. its self explanatory. no need for 123456789 theoretical bullc proof. besides, this is just a representation of the situation. btw, we are no talking about units or amount of units here right? we're dealing with prices.
~digs in my advanced calculus book, i remember a topic about this. arrgghhh, not worthy of time..i'd rather eat my breakfast..im hungry~

I'm talking about your theory that this inflation will kill the economy. If it's a mere gut presumption, it's theoretical. If it's theoretical it ain't a proof. If it ain't a proof, it's all bull. You haven't provided any evidence at all to support your claims.
Prices are all just numbers, items' fair market weight value(Supply and Demand) and credit/zeny present weight value (Minting Production Rates) comparisons interests me more.
Overpricing and Underpricing terms are used only on restricted markets where a governing body holds every neck of business enterprises for the protection of consumers. Ever since the birth of Dark-RO, there was none.
Why we don't have a price watch commission or a price regulatory board for such? LOL, we ain't paying taxes... Regulating in-game entrepreneurs' price range is an authoritarian intervention from staffs and thereby resulting punishments/restraints for players doing legitimate trading. I believe that no one wants to go to jail for vending jellopies@10m.ea at the Biolab warp entrance. Again, this is a free market economy. We all have the freedom/unwritten rights to buy or sell anything at any price at any given time.
If the inflating prices are your only concern, credit sinking is the solution for your problems. How do you do that? One of the simple things is to spam the I&F section with a "Make an NPC that sells X item for Y amount of credits!"(This is so gawddamn far from algebra) threads. That NPC will take off credits from circulation. Indirectly, it will be a maximum price setting provider but promotes the increment on credit/zeny production even more thereby discourage players to hunt/do quest/trade/other income sources rather than mint.
Bluntly speaking, implementing a law that regulates prices in these kinds of market is just plain harassment.
Now, to talk about the health of the present economy... When can you say that the economy is dead?
Answer: It won't, as long as the in-game social structure is still embracing capitalism and no one is using/abusing @item command.

Now that's enough ranting atm. This is more complex than just buyers' plain mindset of "STuPid ofer OP very much! noobz you! yo mamma a whor IDIoT pryzing".

Btw, Arwen enough ABABAB talk, I'm applyin for a mod position as of now. I'm jeopardizing it by arguin wit ya here. I won't reply on your next post, if ever you decide to.

This is what i personally do before. But since i had complaints regarding my performance, i tried doing it the way other mods do it. If ever i get re-hired for the Global Moderator position, i'll make sure verbal warnings via the warning system and personal messenger are practiced.

Well said... Well said... Your very 1st post that I'm willing to give a +1.

#34 OFFLINE   Ghee-Buttersnaps

Ghee-Buttersnaps

Srly bro

• Advanced Members
  • 5,350 posts
  • Interests:THEY SEE ME TROLLIN, THEY HATIN, PATROLLIN THEY TRYIN TO CATCH ME RIDIN' DIRTY
  • Honors: Former Global Moderator.

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:55 PM

That's easier to say when you aren't doing it yourself, but honestly you'd have to keep up a list of warnings and dates from each person which will lenghten to huge (trust me, I would know). Instantly giving 10% warning and removing their signature (not muting unless repeated) reduces greatly workload from Moderators letting them do more useful things, like check out for REAL rule breakers.

We all know people who always say "If this, I'll do that" but we see no concrete proof, and honestly I'm certain you're unable to keep it up for longer periods of time. What we need is consistent warning & punishment system and what you're saying does not really provide any of that. Also do keep it mind that just because Mod A gave a verbal warning to person X, Mod B wouldn't know it --> Person X can get verbal warnings from both Mod A & B. The warning status is there to make things easier (other mods can check for warning history), use it.

#35 OFFLINE   Mapagmahal

Mapagmahal

• Advanced Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:53 AM

Overpricing and Underpricing terms are used only on restricted markets where a governing body holds every neck of business enterprises for the protection of consumers. Ever since the birth of Dark-RO, there was none.

dro can try and create a governing body.
dro can try and create terms & conditions.
its only a question of, who will do it and when.

Why we don't have a price watch commission or a price regulatory board for such? LOL, we ain't paying taxes...

why not. lets create the commission. worried about the taxes? then let the people pay tax. ive seen Tez' idea on the donate rotation thread. read it. it was a pretty nice idea.

Again, this is a free market economy. We all have the freedom/unwritten rights to buy or sell anything at any price at any given time.

rights? lol. in a world called "INTERNET", human rights are considered "ashes in the air". you may have the freedom to surf and play but claiming that you have legal RIGHTS is totally disagreeable. not mentioning that you are playing in this server for free and you complain because you have rights? hell no. you said it "UNWRITTEN RIGHTS". if u want everything to be legal with all the proof and evidences u want, establish your rights and write it down in a concrete form then claim it. better yet, play on a legal server. they might have a decent list of rights. but on free servers where people exploit and take advantage of everything, your unwritten rights may be or should be held liable to it. did i make sense? idk, maybe. this is the reason why we need to set a guideline or make new rules that will lessen these kind of activites. (criticism refers mostly to free private servers and other free websites u found in the internet)

If the inflating prices are your only concern, credit sinking is the solution for your problems. How do you do that? One of the simple things is to spam the I&F section with a "Make an NPC that sells X item for Y amount of credits!"

this may be one of the solution or maybe this is the ONLY solution. hold on, did the admin thought about this? i am aware of it but i dont bother to spam I&F because i am pretty sure everyone knew it already including the admin. this is the reason why i am trying to suggest other possible solution which i believe is considerable if they dont like your X & Y idea. wake up! this is not a real world. everything u find here is like a fog of smoke ready to evaporate and disappear anytime. admin is the ultimate authority and the population is plainly freedom surfers and players. dro can even create their own virtual rule that can kill inflation instantly without compromising the general affair of the community if they really want to.

Bluntly speaking, implementing a law that regulates prices in these kinds of market is just plain harassment.

virtua-physiological reality speaking and in the name of a free server status, i beg to disagree. regulating a law regarding OP can be a solution to dro's market. put the right terms and conditions on it and you will do just fine.

Now, to talk about the health of the present economy... When can you say that the economy is dead?

you want a real answer? its been dead since momo left. the community is just going with the flow until it reaches the dry land. take a peek on this if u mind -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation

criticism exists everywhere. deal with it. in some areas, it even help make things right. while to some, it makes things worst. whichever this leads to, i dont care. all i care about now is suggesting all possible ideas that i can think of and let matias knew about it.

about your application, i dont think this discussion will affect your status. we are not having bad arguments, arent we? i see this as a healthy conversation. and even if i put myself on your shoe and i have a pending application, i wont worry about it. im pretty sure matias is a smart person.

#36 OFFLINE   Artificial

Artificial

Just Another Person

• Advanced Members
  • 1,876 posts
  • Interests:Trying new things everyday.Helping a total stranger for the good.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:00 AM

@Mapagmahal

About overpricing, I suggest that you understand or read " Law of Demand " " Law of Supply ".

#37 OFFLINE   Mapagmahal

Mapagmahal

• Advanced Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:34 AM

@Mapagmahal

About overpricing, I suggest that you understand or read " Law of Demand " " Law of Supply ".

that would be another discussion. in relation to what we are talking, please tell us what u have in mind. lets see how far u understand what you're suggesting about.

#38 OFFLINE   Kanda Yuu

Kanda Yuu

神田 ユウ

• Honorary Members
  • 1,268 posts
  • Interests:Cosplay, manga, life, stabbing Miya >O
  • Honors: Former Force Event Head GM and One of the Original Force Event Coordinators

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:53 AM

I don't really see a reason to apply economics to virtual items...

Laws of macro/micro doesn't stand firm via virtual, so you guys will forever be conflicting in a looping stalemate.

but for some who wish to believe economics stands firm from production of thin air then...just think of the donation rotation as a business cycle. You can use your imagination from there..

#39 OFFLINE   Guest

Alex

• Warned
  • 670 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

dro can try and create one a governing body.
dro can try and create terms & conditions.
its only a question of, who will do it and when.

\

That'd be taking a step towards equality, less rich, less poor.

BAD. BAD. BAD.

Whats the point of different tiers of items if everyone gets the same thing? Why would Mink Coats exist if everyone was suposed to get a Valkyrie Armor.

#40 OFFLINE   Mapagmahal

Mapagmahal

• Advanced Members
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:29 AM

I don't really see a reason to apply economics to virtual items...
Laws of macro/micro doesn't stand firm via virtual, so you guys will forever be conflicting in a looping stalemate.
but for some who wish to believe economics stands firm from production of thin air then...just think of the donation rotation as a business cycle. You can use your imagination from there..

i was thinking about that too. thanks for mentioning. ^^

\That'd be taking a step towards equality, less rich, less poor.
BAD. BAD. BAD.

not really.

#41 OFFLINE   Kagamine Rin

Kagamine Rin

陈建宗的爱

• GMs
  • Others: Events Coordinator

• 6,426 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Playing the piano and violin..
  • Honors: Former Force FE GM, Newspaper and Wiki Leader.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

Should hugel rules be retained?

Now that RCS is disbanded and SnO doesn't do much @RCS.

#42 OFFLINE   Artificial

Artificial

Just Another Person

• Advanced Members
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

@Mika
What happened to request to bring back RCS/BCS? we are indeed need of helpers. Your correct by the way in SnO doesn't do much @rcs

#43 OFFLINE   Kagamine Rin

Kagamine Rin

陈建宗的爱

• GMs
  • Others: Events Coordinator

• 6,426 posts
  • Interests:Singing, Playing the piano and violin..
  • Honors: Former Force FE GM, Newspaper and Wiki Leader.

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

It wasn't a request, it was a survey for the community.

Since SnOA is back and up I guess you'd be seeing that again :|.

But if not whats the point of Hugel and @RCS if there isn't anyone in there to help.

#44 OFFLINE   Artificial

Artificial

Just Another Person

• Advanced Members
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

Well true yes SnOA is back.

Uhm, i guess that there is no one to broadcast that if your in need help just type @rcs<question>. The community knows that there are no more people helping in that map so they dont go.But if the community were to know about this then the community would ask for help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users