• 3,020 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

ID: P12
Name: Rules/Guidelines/Contitution Review
Deadline: Mid September 2010
Progress: [----------] 15%
Last update: August 3rd, 2010

I. Description:

With the restructuration coming, it is important that we work on improving our rules and guidelines for all our players aswell as the staff. Thats why we will be reviewing the current guidelines and rules, making them more clear, aswell as adding proper punishment ranges to avoid any sort of power abuse. They will be added to the ToA that is going to be added into the website aswell as to the new Test NPC (The one that makes you questions once you've created your account). They'll also be rewritten so the community and the staff knows what is expected from them and what are the possible outcomes when not properly acting up to the their staff position.

II. Tasks

Next task

- Review current Rules on both Forums & Game (Deadline: August 15th, 2010)

Pending tasks

- Review current punishment lists for Forums & Game creating proper punishment ranges
- Review current Staff guidelines
- Review Constitution with our new objectives and accordingly to any changes that come as a result of the restructuration
- Make sure all Staff agees to the newly made guidelines and rules and are aware of any possible outcomes for not fulfilling their expected roll as a part of our Staff

Completed tasks

- None

III. Notes

Any comments or questions? Make sure you post them! Feedback is most welcome
  • fleeneurn likes this

#2 OFFLINE   Kilik

Kilik

Pikachu

• GMs
  • Others: Support & Order

• 6,958 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Likes Playing Ro, Helping People, Hanging out with friends, Facebook
  • Honors: Former Forum Head - Support & Order Head

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

I have a question.

Why is the being muted part of the punishment for having a overlarged signature? Cause when I got warned for it, I didn't understand why I deserved to be forum muted.

#3 OFFLINE   Miles

Miles

Bored

• Honorary Members
  • 1,947 posts
  • Interests:Money
  • Honors: Former Force Event Coordinator | Former Story Writer

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

I guess we need some kinda expelling system so staffs won't slack off from work?

#4 OFFLINE   Norbert

Norbert

I Get Around

• Advanced Members
  • 290 posts
  • Interests:Girls

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

I have a question.

Why is the being muted part of the punishment for having a overlarged signature? Cause when I got warned for it, I didn't understand why I deserved to be forum muted.

Agreed.
Maybe asking them to quit the signature then if he doesn't do it punish him.

#5 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:53 PM

You shouldnt get muted for an overlarge signature unless you're refusing to change it, in which case you should be muted and have your signature removed. If again you continue the attitude a suspension and so on.

Thats why there needs to be a better punishment list overall with clear limits to everyone.

Ex: S&O member can only ban up to X for Y Punishment, GMs up to x2 and Above can issue punishments higher if accordingly.

Same would go to everyone to ensure a certain fairness per say

#6 OFFLINE   Norbert

Norbert

I Get Around

• Advanced Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Is there a punishment for the inactive staff members?

I mean almost of the people complain about the inactive of staff members so they must be punishment cause they are taking the spot for someone that really want to help and it doesn't.

#7 OFFLINE   Usotsuki

Usotsuki

★~

• Global Mods
  • Others: Storywriter

• 3,411 posts
  • Interests:You under the bluish moonlight of the crescent night ☾

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Just in-case a staff member became in-active, punishment in my opinion isn't acceptable, expulsion of a staff member after a warning without a reply is a way. If it's an emergency I think it's tolerable.

#8 OFFLINE   Kilik

Kilik

Pikachu

• GMs

• 6,958 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Likes Playing Ro, Helping People, Hanging out with friends, Facebook

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

You shouldnt get muted for an overlarge signature unless you're refusing to change it, in which case you should be muted and have your signature removed. If again you continue the attitude a suspension and so on.

Are you serious O_o? Well, I got warned, and then 2 minutes later I was muted. I was never told to change my signature. The ironic thing is that when I got notified that I had been warned for a overlarge signature, I changed my signature to make it smaller -_-.

Is there a punishment for the inactive staff members?

Isnt that the Staff Manager's job? To check the staff and make sure they're doing their work and if they're not.... something happens

#9 OFFLINE   Miles

Miles

Bored

• Honorary Members
  • 1,947 posts
  • Interests:Money
  • Honors: Former Force Event Coordinator | Former Story Writer

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

I guess we need some kinda expelling system so staffs won't slack off from work?

That's what Im trying to say here. Haven't you notice? T_T You guys are meanies, just taking me for granted. I am now sad. T_T

#10 OFFLINE   Norbert

Norbert

I Get Around

• Advanced Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

Isnt that the Staff Manager's job? To check the staff and make sure they're doing their work and if they're not.... something happens

Well i guess it is but the previous "Staff Manager" was Matt and he quit.

#11 OFFLINE   Usotsuki

Usotsuki

★~

• Global Mods
  • Others: Storywriter

• 3,411 posts
  • Interests:You under the bluish moonlight of the crescent night ☾

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

As what Matias stated:

As Kanda and some others mentioned, the Staff Manager position is a rather important position and it requires a lot of trust and a really high set of requirements that can't be found from an public recruitment. I'll handle the position until some people who seem capable of handling it appear (Probabbly from within the staff).

Greetings

#12 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

Well, with this we're trying to cover most aspects. We dont punish staff members for being just inactive, whether people hate me or just dislike me for this, its an important point for me. I've been getting a bit more strict on the matter but there are so many damn things to consider when facing this issue, but it'll be dealt with proper guidelines and a bit more strictness

#13 OFFLINE   BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine

Stapo

• Advanced Members
  • Others: Members
  • 1,375 posts
  • Honors: :3

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

Rules need to be a bit more on the communist side and punishments a bit more drastic that's what'd be awesome.

#14 OFFLINE   Kilik

Kilik

Pikachu

• GMs

• 6,958 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Rules need to be a bit more on the communist side and punishments a bit more drastic that's what'd be awesome.

That would stink o-o.

#15 OFFLINE   Ralphilicious

Ralphilicious

Afrokun

• Advanced Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:53 AM

why you guys want PUNISHMENT? this word is Negative... now whatcha think would be the effeft? Why Not go for a REWARD...? if they are active and doin good i guess BONUS for them is effective.. im not sayin to give them much but at least some token of appreciation or somethin alike. for punishment we create only fear but for Reward i guess motivation will somehow be the effect... just my opinion... cant think of anythng good rght now ....

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users