P11] Donations System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   Mia

Mia

超新星♥

• Honorary Members
  • 2,548 posts
  • Interests:Literature, Art, Music, Movies, *TezFiltered*ign Coconuts, Setting My Kat's Tail On Fire♥

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:26 AM

These are purely idea's I've either read somewhere or have though up more than happy for someone to slap me with a "thats a dumb ass idea" maybe I can change it to work better or else remove the suggestion.
  • Make Note Head Phones/Cyclopes Eye regular donation items:
    • Reason: Should be offered to anyone who donates all the times. These items offere unfair advantages and shouldnt be held as a one time only offer.
  • Set price for hats:
    • Reason: There should be one set price for all of them. Not this will be 15 and that will be 20 cause like I said before you are inadvertently aiding the inflation.
      • Although I strongly suggest they be removed completely, and once again be offered as event give aways and quest items.
  • Adding Ygg's, BOT, Glistening Coats, Poison Bottles Donation alternative:
    • Reason: Will hopefully be a cheap donation alternative and offer a solution to the inflated cost of supplies due to bot reduction.
    • Someting like $2.00USD = 100 Yggs or any other above mentioned supply. As well as offer a bonus the more you buy the more you save like $4.00USD = 250 of said supply. $8.00 = 500 and so on. And lower/raise it depending on the current price ingame to kind of help control the prices..
  • Remove zeny donation ability:
    • Reason: If people could donate for supplies the DP per dollar ingame wouldn't be worth it. and we are trying to adsorb the excess money not promote the creation of more.
  • Offer donation only items:
    • Reason: Like someone (forgot who) mentioned the sever is run with donations, donators should be able to be recognized as far as being able to have certain items that are only available to those who donate. (non-transferable, distinct, un-dropable, un-sellable)
    • Something like Red DWINGS that offer better stats or abilities. Special hats that you can't sell and trade ingame. As well as other things I cant think of cause the medz are kicking in @_@
  • Add non-transferable Starwars related items for SW classes:
  • Reason: This is a Starwars server and yet the only Starwars stuff you see is either poorly edited, or lame.
  • Darth Vador's helmet, Character light sabers. Perhaps character cards depends though cause offering cards for donation can be pretty tricky. And can really cause damage to the community if they are done wrong.
[/list]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I was extremely lazy and didn't read everything before I posted. Although I should have to prevent repetition. But~ I'd like to disagree with some things people have been suggesting.

-$1 donation would be neat. I say supply tokens would be a good idea. It could be like , $1 = 300 yggs or 150 BoT or 100 BoR or $1 for 10x +10 Food of the user's choice.
Way too many yggs for 1 buck you are basically donating $1USD for 3b. Which means
  • Less money being donated = Struggling to keep server up.
  • Less people donating for equips = Inflation
  • Supply abundance = Inflation

-Informing the public with the amount of donated money that comes in each week or month. Then, showing them how much is paid each month on server bills and other stuff. This will ensure that no funds go to waste each time we try and invest on something requiring payment.
Un-needed information that could actually discourage donations rather than encourage them.

-example; Lhz Cards, we also should have Lhz Cards in the Donation System to kill the inflation problem that we're experiencing right now, for Lhz Cards i think $50-$70 would be a reasonable price for it
Like I said somewhere before. Adding LHZ cards is a one way ticket to the worst economy you have ever seen on DarkRO. Possible scenarios include:
  • INFLATION
  • INFLATION
  • INFLATION
  • But in reality regardless of the price you put it at (unless its insanely ridiculous) you have to factor in its worth ingame and its worth compared to the other donation items, and if you did the math which is very simple might I add you'd realize what a bad idea this is.

-How about making DPs sellable to other players? Just make an NPC for dealing DPs.
Would be nice in terms of supplies being added to the donation system but not reasonable since if you add donation only items to the lists people who didnt donate could get items that weren't intended to be sold.

-When making buying offer ie 1000credits for 100DP, you will be drained 1010credits (if tax 1%, 10credits going away from market)
Would defeat the purpose of donation imo.

-MOT buffing items (100DP for 10-20)
-Assumptio Lv1-5 buffing items (100DP 10-20)
Would both be very unbalanced as well as instant MOT would make WSC obsolete.

#32 OFFLINE   S h a d o w

S h a d o w

Marin

• Advanced Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:01 PM

Price to be discussed.
Misc list:
-enrich elunium
-enrich oridecon
(this will only cause increase of +7~9VM does not affect from +9 to +10 success rate click here)
-bubble gum
-convex mirror
-scrolls (assumptio, aspersio, armor element)
-Gym Pass
*most of the above item have boxes

Headgear:
-event hat box (randomly draw 1 event hat out of the 300+ exist but unobtainable ones)

#33 OFFLINE   Macgrubber

Macgrubber

Poring

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

i think dRo needs to be like updated in if not all, some of the if not new then the all the rage headgears... like robo eyes, dragon helm, bapho horns, but needs to be balanced... and i could be helpful to add the credit card system on methods to donate

#34 OFFLINE   iEsther

iEsther

Poring

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Dark Ro Force

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

Anyone who wants to stay alive dark ro tell me, and we bring in donations, to continue as it was dark ro or this if you donate one dollar per day would be good, right? then we make to not die dark ro

Who's with me? /no1

#35 OFFLINE   Thezka

Thezka

Poporing

• Advanced Members
  • 273 posts
  • Interests:============
    Love Playing RO's
    Soundtrip ,Basketball,fun games
    Watching tv,Eating =]

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

+1 to Cyclops ,

Put cyclops on donation ! :D

#36 OFFLINE   Syeth

Syeth

<3

• Advanced Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

* Offer donation only items:
o Reason: Like someone (forgot who) mentioned the sever is run with donations, donators should be able to be recognized as far as being able to have certain items that are only available to those who donate. (non-transferable, distinct, un-dropable, un-sellable)
+ Something like Red DWINGS that offer better stats or abilities. Special hats that you can't sell and trade ingame. As well as other things I cant think of cause the medz are kicking in @_@

So you're saying, let's give more advantage to those player who donate, that means, that the people who can't donate, they will be eaten by the another ones who donated.
In dark ro pages it says:

# Note that by donating, you are helping to keep the server alive. You are not buying items! We simply give you a small gift to show our gratitude and to thank you for your support.
# Those gifts are in no way required to play and most of them can be obtained in game without donating through quests. They are only simple fashion items which are absolutely not overpowering and/or required to become a strong character in the game.

With the rest i agree more or less.

Edited by Syeth, 24 August 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   DeathClutch

DeathClutch

Unhatched Egg

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

When will this be implemented?

#38 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

Ok since we are not receiving so much feedback on this matter (Which is weird considering the whole amount of critiques received in the past), decision will be made and informed on this post in the next few days.

#39 OFFLINE   Tito

Tito

Poring

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

How about adding a new way to donate?

You know "Ultimate Game Card"? It could be very useful in many ways.

http://ultimategamecard.playspan.com/

#40 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:39 PM

The overall project of the new donations system is almost done, I'll try to post it tomorrow so people start being aware of it.

#41 OFFLINE   Ralphilicious

Ralphilicious

Afrokun

• Advanced Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:04 AM

WAW! we'll be waiting papa matias :D

#42 OFFLINE   Shivas

Shivas

Drops

• Advanced Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

Oh Yeah.

#43 OFFLINE   Epanco

Epanco

Marin

• Advanced Members
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:RO Fanz & DOTA WCG

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

i hope western union still can be used. because only thru western union i can make a donation sir.

#44 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

First post updated with the actual upcoming project

#45 OFFLINE   lantis

lantis

JhayAnnE <3

• Advanced Members
  • 560 posts
  • Interests:nothing

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

So basically when it is implemented the prices of vh , th , dw and kage will crash down? correct me if i'm wrong xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users