• 3,020 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

ID: P11
Name: Branches Review
Deadline: August 2010
Progress: [||||||||||] 100%
Last update: September 12th, 2010

I. Description:

In order to maintain the servers we need to count on donations, due to several reasons, they've not been working out so good (Still good enough to sustain us for some months) but if things continue as they are it might not be so good. For this we shall improve the donations system to give the more benefits we can

II. Tasks

Next task

- Trial Start

Pending tasks

- None

Completed tasks

- Post Motions regarding the rotation of the items
- New donation system project written

III. Notes

Donations Revamp

• Introduction

The donations system has always been a great deal in the server's economy; therefore we will be trying to establish a clear set of restrictions and items to achieve a more stable economy. Though this will be under development for a while (we will see how things work when implemented), we will be evaluating the impact on economy to eventually reach a stable system

• Actual Revamp

The system will be changed, creating packs of items worth of DPs, those packs will consist of Supplies and Tickets. Those supplies will help try to stabilize the price of some items ingame while actually giving you the option to receive some useful items even if your donation doesn't reach the minimum in our current list.

There will be around 15 different packs. 1 Pack will be only 1 type of supply + Tickets, while the others will be a mix of supplies + tickets. Supplies available will be: Yggdrassil Berries, Box of Thunder, Box of Resentment, Box of Sunlight, Elemental Converters and Glistening Coat. The amount of Supplies has been defined by the avarage ingame price of those items and might be modified based on future price changes. (We do want to reduce inflation, however we do not want to kill ingame economy for farmers)

• Bonuses

In top of the above mentioned packs, every donation comes with a random chance of getting one of the current donation items based on their current DP Value.

For example, if I were to donate $30 I would also get (Randomly) a VH, TH or Hokage. And if I donated 3 times $10, I would have the same chances (This will be done Ingame). Boxes will be made that will randomly spawn one of the Items from each Set based on amount donated

Item groups will be

• Set 1: Devil/Angel/Fallen/Angeling Wing
  • Set 2: Black Butterfly Wing/White Butterfly Wing/Banryu/Head Protector
  • Set 3: Elemental/Stats Wings/ Kakashi
  • Set 4: Icarus Wing/ Traveler's Hat/Hokage Hat
  • Set 5: Dragon Wings/Valkyrie Hat

• Tickets

As mentioned before, there will also be Tickets given for each pack (Plus Supplies and Bonuses), these tickets will allow you to exchange a specific headgear, from a list that will rotate every two months (Or so). This list will contain about 10 items, and those items might have certain restrictions, as being account bound, character bound or none. This will be decided once they're added to the list and of course, you will be informed of which headgear has restrictions and which not. This is to try to not affect so much economy nor make PvP headgear only.

At all times, do remember, Donations are meant to be a way to support the server, not buy items and those items are expected to be not required for a normal ingame pvp experience, so they shouldnt give anyone a high advantage over the rest. This will be kept in mind.

This will apply for both, Force and Pie and will be informed accordingly once it is implemented, however we expect this to be implemented in 2 weeks top.

#2 OFFLINE   asrockw7

asrockw7

Don't stream, get the real thing.

• Advanced Members
  • 2,705 posts
  • Interests:meh, it does when it does.
  • Honors: Millionth Post Achiever

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

i think it's good to have a monthly random item change, so that some donators would not go like "hey, the X item is gonna be gone soon, better buy it and maybe it'll get expensive someday."

i.e. Items A, B, C, D... next month, the new list is Items is A, F, C, D.

#3 OFFLINE   BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine

Stapo

• Advanced Members
  • Others: Members
  • 1,375 posts
  • Honors: :3

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

II. Tasks

Next task

- Generate a list of donatable items. (Deadline: TBA)
- Set some requirements for the donation items (Deadline: TBA)

Pending tasks

- Generate a system where people would be able to use their DPs in a more efficient way, where even $1 could be of some use.
- Create some ideas to implement ingame to benefit donators.
- Stablish some random system to incentive donations.
- Review item prices.

1. List of donatable items. Well , this needs to be split into FASHION and USEFUL items. See there's headgeasr such as the Baby Chick or the Fish Head that go into useful. Then there's headgears such as BBH or YBH that do nothing at all.
2. Regarding requirements for the donation items i've no idea about this yet , so I say free for all atm. ( to be updated later if i think of anything )
3. $1 donation would be neat. I say supply tokens would be a good idea. It could be like , $1 = 300 yggs or 150 BoT or 100 BoR or $1 for 10x +10 Food of the user's choice.
4. Benefiting donators only , yes that would increase the donation amount but it would need to be something that doesn't disrupt the PvP balance(lolbalance).
5. "Stablish some random system to incentive donations." I've no idea about this.
6. Item prices should range from 10 to max of 30 dollars , based on the item's usefulness.

2cents
will add more cents if anything comes to mind

Edited by BlackSunshine, 03 August 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   GearBox-

GearBox-

Santa Poring

• Advanced Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Food / Sports / Games ;-;

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:24 AM

I'd just add on to the list by saying, why not donate some Coins [ Bronze and Silver ]
I know that people will donate a lot on that and get sinxc i guess it would create chaos.. Just suggesting.
And then for the $1 it should be like foods, +5 foods and 50 of them each, and also what BlackSunshine said [ Supply thing].

#5 OFFLINE   WishBone

WishBone

Power Abuser

• Honorary Members
  • 2,365 posts
  • Location:Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.
  • Honors: Former Global Moderator

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

Informing the public with the amount of donated money that comes in each week or month. Then, showing them how much is paid each month on server bills and other stuff. This will ensure that no funds go to waste each time we try and invest on something requiring payment.

EDIT: A system like this Donation Tracker(View screenshots to see what i mean). That way we all know if the bills are fully paid and if DarkRO just suddenly shuts down.

#6 OFFLINE   asrockw7

asrockw7

Don't stream, get the real thing.

• Advanced Members
  • 2,705 posts
  • Interests:meh, it does when it does.
  • Honors: Millionth Post Achiever

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

Informing the public with the amount of donated money that comes in each week or month. Then, showing them how much is paid each month on server bills and other stuff. This will ensure that no funds go to waste each time we try and invest on something requiring payment.

it's like saying *TezFiltered*Off matias, i ain't giving you money for starbucks!?!

#7 OFFLINE   GearBox-

GearBox-

Santa Poring

• Advanced Members
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Food / Sports / Games ;-;

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:45 AM

EDIT: A system like this Donation Tracker(View screenshots to see what i mean). That way we all know if the bills are fully paid and if DarkRO just suddenly shuts down.

That's actually not a bad idea, keepin track of it and such.

#8 OFFLINE   -Jd-

-Jd-

Dream Big Work Hard

• Honorary Members
  • 1,145 posts
  • Interests:Bacon's and Milk

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:25 PM

I like the Idea.
Event hats useful or not every players want to experience them as a luxury item
A different kinds of Rare hats would give players a choice to donate them.

Every $1 counts.

Is their A possibilites that you save the Donation Points.
For example donate a $1 now and donate another $1 tomorrow to earn some big Donation points in the near future?

#9 OFFLINE   DeathClutch

DeathClutch

Unhatched Egg

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

Nice!

Hope this will prevent items from being so overprice! (i.e. CYC) :dry:

Oh! can you add the Gentleman's Pipe? :laugh:

#10 OFFLINE   WishBone

WishBone

Power Abuser

• Honorary Members
  • 2,365 posts
  • Location:Living in the Bahamas with a fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.
  • Honors: Former Global Moderator

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

it's like saying *TezFiltered*Off matias, i ain't giving you money for starbucks!?!

Not a bad idea. I'll diss him later. :P

Anyway, no i didn't mean it like that. I'm not implying that he steals from the funds or whatever. I just thought that the players including myself deserves to know that we have extra funds to pay for other things like a proper antibot or to have a new site created. Another thing is the goals displayed on the link i posted. It's nice to see that people will be assured that the server can still stand for another month.

#11 OFFLINE   Matias

Matias

- [ This . space . is . not . for . rent ] -

• Admins
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:54 PM

Ok so now moving on with the restructuration it'd be good to set up certain restrictions for what can and can't be added to the donation items list

Firstly I guess it'd be good to decide whether or not Donation items should be: Fashionable items (No Effect), Hardcore PvP items (Not counting Effects) or a mix of both. (Fashionable with low stats) It is farily easy to go with any of those, though allowing any kind of items could help us fight inflation a bit. If I am not wrong for example, Cyclops dropped down to 150b when they were in the donation lists which actually allows donators and people with some money to buy them.

We could also add restrictions in terms of not allowing items to be traded or char bounded (Can only be used with one char -Need to verify if the soulbound system is working-)

Though one thing is for sure, despite any changes to the donation items, a change will be made to add other consumables + DPs.

What do I mean? For example. You donate Something inbetween $1 and $10 Then you get $*5 BoT or $*10 Ygg + $*100 DP. Or whatever combination, needs to be worked on. This will actually alow people who dont donate high amounts to be able to receive something in return.

Anyhow, I'd like to hear commentson the restrictions for items so we can start moving on with this.

Greetings!

#12 OFFLINE   Adie

Adie

I'm so inspired.

• Advanced Members
  • 617 posts
  • Honors: Former Events Coordinator | Former Newspaper Staff

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:08 PM

We should not include NHP on our donation system coz NHP has been a huge part of pk world in dark :]

#13 OFFLINE   Tito

Tito

Poring

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

We should not include NHP on our donation system coz NHP has been a huge part of pk world in dark :]

Lol? I think you're just suggesting this to maintain the Unbelievably High Price of this item.

As for my opinion about the "inflation / economy" of DarkRO, i think we should have all of the usable or important items or equips in-game to be in a Donation System. example; Lhz Cards, we also should have Lhz Cards in the Donation System to kill the inflation problem that we're experiencing right now, for Lhz Cards i think $50-$70 would be a reasonable price for it.

Know what i mean?

More ways to get "X-item" will result of decreasing the price of that "X-item", therefore killing the inflation.

I know many players especially those who are always hunting Lhz MVP Will Complain about Lhz Cards in Donation System. But think about this for a second, not too many players are Donating, Lol. And this will result to our server losing funds to pay for it's bills. DarkRO's Majority player are from Philippines and Almost all Filipino Dark-RO players are related in Php Dealing (whether they are the one who are Buying or Selling). That's Why DarkRO's Donation System is being Ignored. so why don't we put what-do-players-want in our Donation System? and for sure we will attract more Donators & Kill Inflation.

Edited by Tito, 18 August 2010 - 11:24 PM.

#14 OFFLINE   Dazzu

Dazzu

Coeurlfist

• GMs
  • Others: Sub-Admin
  • 3,373 posts
  • Interests:None
  • Honors: #BlackMageLivesMatter

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:37 PM

We should not permanently include NHP and CYC on our donation system coz NHP has been a huge part of pk world in dark :]

Fixed!

for Lhz Cards i think $50-$70 would be a reasonable price for it.

$50-$70 is too cheap, considering that Dragon Wings are $30 (and Dwings are hella cheap compared to LHZ cards). I say make it higher. ._.

#15 OFFLINE   Tito

Tito

Poring

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:45 PM

$50-$70 is too cheap, considering that Dragon Wings are $30 (and Dwings are cheap compared to LHZ cards). I say make it higher. ._.

Ye i guess 75$-$100 would be fine for some i guess. but kinda lil expensive. Lol anyways, it's all good...

Edited by Tito, 18 August 2010 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users